Fuze Logistics Services is a next-generation 3PL headquartered in Montreal, with offices across North America leveraging cutting-edge technologies and decades of industry expertise to facilitate the transport of freight globally.
Following our tremendous growth over the past year, we are seeking a strategic and results-driven VP of Finance to join our thriving and high-growth organization.
The successful candidate will be a strategic individual with 7-10 years of managerial accounting and financial management experience and expertise in performing financial planning, optimizing financial processes, and preparing budgets and reports.
Directing all aspects of accounting operations, overseeing all transactions related to the general ledger, receivables, payables, payroll, and financial reporting.
- Analyzing the company’s financial results with respect to profits, trends, costs, and compliance with budgets. Issue regular status and ad hoc reports to senior management.
- Providing strategic guidance around capital financing options to support company growth needs.
- Developing and coordinating all relationships with lending/financial institutions.
- Developing and maintaining all necessary accounting policies and systems, including general ledger and financial reporting. Ensuring that records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Assisting senior management in financial planning and results management. Work with other team members to understand revenue and cost drivers and define appropriate reports for tracking.
- Coordinating, preparing, and reviewing monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Coordinating and/or preparing tax schedules, returns, and information.
- Managing relationships with insurance providers and ensuring compliance.
- Managing all tax planning and compliance with all required federal, state, local, payroll, property, and other applicable taxes.
- Managing cash flow.
- Building an accounting department as the company grows.
- Other finance and administrative duties as required.
- 7-10 plus years of managerial accounting and financial management experience.
- Experience working in a growing start-up environment is strongly preferred.
- Recent experience scaling a finance operation from inception to at least $80 million in annual revenues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business. CPA and/or CMA preferred but not required.
- Advanced competency in financial management and accounting software, such as Crystal Reports, Sage 300, Trimble, and QuickBooks.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Experience in a service (not manufacturing) business with activity-based project costing.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to work without direct supervision, and efficiently manage tasks and time.
- Merger and acquisition finance experience.
Other available positions
- CSR – Transport – Montreal Office
- CSR – Transport – Burnaby
- Accounting Clerk
- National Account Executive – Burnaby, BC Office
- Logistics Internship – Montreal
- Account Manager – Montreal
- Business Development Mentorship Program
- Salesforce Developer – 6-month Contract
- Director, Contracts, Compliance And Risk Management – Montreal Or Mississauga
- Booking Specialist / Carrier Sales Specialist – Mississauga Office
- Senior Business Development Executive – Miami, USA
- Logistics Coordinator (Reefers) – Montreal or Mississauga
- Analyst, Risk Management – Montreal
- National Account Executive / Sales Representative
- Owner Operators – Dry Van or Flatbed – USA
- Class A CDL Drivers – Dry Van or Flatbed – USA