Fuze Logistics Services is a next-generation 3PL headquartered in Montreal, with 6 offices across Canada and one in the US leveraging cutting-edge technologies and decades of industry expertise to facilitate the transport of freight globally.
Fuze Logistics Services is expanding rapidly and seeking a Paralegal in Corporate and Commercial Law to join our growing team in Montreal The successful candidate will contribute to and be responsible for a wide range of risk management and regulatory compliance matters to support the Company’s growth. This is an exciting opportunity to work as a strategic partner with the business on a broad range of challenging commercial matters.
This role will report directly to the Vice-President and will work with clients and carriers in the evaluation and mitigation of property and liability-related risks and develop and deliver risk reduction programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support on a wide range of issues including but not limited to transportation, employment, privacy, and regulatory compliance, under provincial or federal jurisdiction, as applicable
- Draft a diverse set of commercial contracts for the company and its related companies and coordinate contract execution
- Review documents, including contracts, received from clients or vendors and coordinate contract execution
- Summarize contractual obligations and review with internal stakeholders
- Provide advice in contract interpretation to manage existing relationships
- Work closely with the claims department in the management of the files
- Assist in the drafting of company policies, procedures, and standards as required
- Assist in identifying, evaluating, and assessing legal issues and risks regarding the company’s business activities and initiatives
- Create and/or update standard forms
- Participate in new business opportunities and onboarding calls following receipt of the request for proposals (RFP)
- Assist with pending, threatened, or existing disputes between the company and third parties
- Assist in managing and monitoring statutory permits, licenses, bonds, etc.
- Assist in the insurance files including new requests, cancellations, renewals, etc.
- Liaise with external counsels in the management of litigation cases
What you need to succeed:
- Minimum of 2 years of paralegal or related experience, preferably with an in-house legal department
- Significant experience with contracts and corporate matters
- Strong drafting and communication skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and juggle multiple and sometimes conflicting priorities
- Curiosity and desire to take on mandates in a variety of subject matter areas
- Entrepreneurial and highly adaptable
Education & Qualifications:
- University degree in law degree completed
- Insurance and transport industry experience will be considered an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both French and English
Why join Fuze?
The key to our delivery of quality services is being able to attract and maintain satisfied and engaged people. At FUZE, employees are given the flexibility required to ensure a balanced life and fulfilling work experience in a motivating work environment. Our staff enjoys the diversity of projects and the extensive autonomy given to interact directly with clients. Such proximity is possible because of our flat corporate structure, and it translates into relationships of trust, and effective communications between team members and clients. And most importantly, we are committed to creating opportunities for all our employees so that they may develop, progress, and contribute to the business regardless of differences.
Other available positions
- Intermodal Account Manager – Montreal Office
- National Account Executive – Mexico Divison (Remote Role)
- National Account Executive – Burnaby, BC Office
- Booking / Carrier Sales Specialist – Montreal Office
- Account Manager – Burnaby BC, Office
- Carrier Sales Specialist – Burnaby BC, Office
- Account Manager – Montreal or Mississauga Office
- Intermodal Logistics Coordinator – Mississauga Office
- Business Development Manager – Mississauga Office
- National Account Executive – Minnesota, USA
- Talent Acquisition Partner – Mississauga Office
- Talent Acquisition Partner – Montreal
- National Account Executive / Sales Representative
- Owner Operators – Dry Van or Flatbed – USA
- Class A CDL Drivers – Dry Van or Flatbed – USA